Friday, February 6, 2009

Limited Too - Justice clothing line


Let's make the world a better place. Yes, let's. I'll start.
________________________________________________

Dear
Limited Too,


Let's put aside the cynical ride you're taking on the Obama bus for a minute. Marketing to people's legitimate hopes and dreams is creepy enough. I spent $100 on a Shepard Fairey poster. I should know.

But you don't really care about Peace and Love. You don't really want to make the world a better place. I bet your CEO flies his jet to Starbucks in the morning like every other Evil Millionaire. * I also don't like your insipient "Looks you
luv for less!" tagline [emphasis mine, stupid exclamation mark yours]. Way to say "yay!" to girls and then cut their legs out from under them by encouraging bad spelling. And what's with the horseys and winking koala bear shit? I remember when you sold t-shirts that said crap like "I take drugs and never do my homework." Ok, not that. But something close to it. So I'm not buying into your Peace, Love, and Happiness bullshit. I know your game.

Unless of course you're
really fishing for souls. If you were, say, really looking for converts and were run by some behind-the-scenes religious fanatic who wants to catch girls while they're young and manipulate them into joining his bizzarre cult in its quest to build "New America" on the Saturnian moon of Tethys. Then I might consider letting my daughter wear your stuff. Because I'd like her to be able to go to Tethys. But that's not the case. At least, I don't think it is.

Please let me know if it is.

Yours always (hearts, xoxo, exclamation mark),
ME



* Oh yes. Yes he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment